How to get router IP on OS X or Mac OS? If you are searching for the information on 192.168.1.254 like ip address related to this, you can get the complete data from this article. Each and every device which is connected to the internet source will have a unique IP address assigned to it. The router’s IP address is a series of four numbers separated by dots like 192-168-1-254.
As of 192-168-1-254, you can find many like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 ip address. Router Ip address is nothing but a gateway source for your network connection. With this, you can identify where the computer is located on the Internet and send the data to the correct computer.
Without this IP address, you cannot send or receive any messages or information. Get the detailed information of the router IP address from our previous articles. Now let us discuss the detailed process to find the router IP on Mac OS.
How To Get Router IP On OS X (Mac OS)
Do you have any problem in getting the router IP on OS X or Mac OS? Here you can find a couple of methods to find the default gateway on your Mac OS. Take a look at all methods and select the way as you wish and get your IP address.
- Find local internal IP address of Mac OS – system interface Method
- Check IP address on Mac – external (public) IP address
- Find your Mac OS IP address – Terminal method.
Now let us discuss them one by one in detail.
How To Find Local Internal IP Address Of Mac OS – system interface Method
Follow the below-given guidelines and get yourIPv4 address, or private i.e, internal IP address in an easy way.
- The first step is, on the left top corner of the screen, click on the Apple icon.
- Select the “System Preferences” from the menu. You will see a popup window of System Preferences.
- Search for the “Network” icon and click on it.
- Now in the network window select the active network connection and highlight it with the green-dot option.
- After that click on Advanced and then select TCP/IP tab.
- Here you can see the IP address on the right side. It will be in xxx.xx.xxx.xxx format.
How To Check IP address On Mac – External (Public) IP Address
Finding your external IP address on your Mac depends on whether you’re connected via a router or directly to the modem. Follow the guidelines and get your external IP.
- First, open the System Preferences by clicking on the Apple logo dropdown menu.
- Now select the network for which you want to find the IP address.
- Just highlight the option with a green dot on the left side of the page.
- You can see the IP address on the right side and it will show you as you are connected to the network.
- If you’re connected to a router, type “What is my IP address” in Google search bar, the results will show your public IP address.
How To Find Your Mac OS IP Address – Terminal Method?
Follow the simple steps and find your default gateway address of your mac os by using the terminal method
- Open the Launchpad icon in the menu and find the “Terminal” icon.
- Click on it and open it.
- Use your keyboard and type in ipconfig getifaddr en0.
- Now you can see a line of text appear i.e, IP address of your router after “default” word.
Any device which is connected to a network including the router is assigned with a unique internal IP address. All the internal networks combined together and connected to the entire network which is assigned a single external IP address. Stay connect to 192-168-1-254.site for more informative updates on different topics.