How to get router IP on Windows? Routers IP address is the default gateway for your network connection information. It is quite common to forget the IP address as 192.168.1.254 and no need to worry about it. Read the complete article and follow the guidelines to get your IP address easily.
192.168.1.254 is one of the private IP address used by the private networks. It does not mean that any device on this private network can connect to. To avoid the IP address conflicts it is recommended to have the unique IP addresses on a network
Some of the broadband routers, broadband modems use 192.168.1.254 as the default private Ip address. Routers like TP-Link, Netgear, D-Link, 2Wire, Aztech, Billion, Motorola, Netopia, SparkLAN, Thomson, and Westell modems support this IP address.
How To Get router IP on Windows?
Router IP address is very important to access the router’s web-based setup page. Without this IP address, you won’t able to access the configuration page. Some times you may forget this address, no need to worry about as it is not so complicated to get the route IP. You can router IP on windows in two ways
- Command Prompt Method
- Graphic Interface Method
Follow the below-given steps carefully and get the IP of your router on Windows OS easily.
Get router IP on Windows – Command Prompt Method
Find out your router’s IP address in Windows using the command prompt method by following the step by step procedure.
- The first step is to make sure that you are connected to the network.
- Now click on the start button or press Win + r
- A “run” prompt will be opened, click on it.
- Now type cmd.exe command in a window appeared and then click on Run or ok button.
- Here you will see a command prompt window will be opened.
- In this window, type the command prompt as ipconfig and press enter. Use your keyword to enter the details.
- Here you will see a lot of information but check the Default Gateway text. You will find your IP address in this line.
Get router IP on Windows -Graphic Interface Method
Get your default windows router IP using the graphic interface method easily by following the simple steps.
- Open the Control Panel and click on Start. Type control panel and enter.
- After that, a page will be opened, in that go to the Network and Internet categorySelect.
- Select and click on View network status and tasks from network and internet category.
- Now click on the name of your network connection in the upper right corner of the Network and Sharing Center window.
- Now click on the Details button in the Ethernet Status window.
- After that, you can see your IP address listed as IPv4 Default Gateway in the network connection details window.
You can follow the same procedure to get the routers IP on windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. For more updates stay tuned on 192-168-1-254.site. Help us to come up with more informative articles, share your feedback in the comment box below.